THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

A Collection...Just the Beginning

Another Brotha My Type

Ya'll will never see another brotha my type. So when I'm gone, I hope you remember me right. T.I. has never spoken truer words. I'm a different kinda guy. I've finally come to terms with that. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't like saying nigga, I hate when people use the term in public on a regular basis, I can't rap, I'm not an amazing dancer, I don't play football, basketball, or any other of the "black" sports. I don't like to curse(even though it may seem like it), I don't like fried chicken, and I don't sag my pants to my knees. I don't need forty other guys to follow me around everywhere, I don't always dress urban, and I don't only listen to rap music. I don't try to sleep with every girl I meet. I'm not a emotionless sex machine. I don't treat girls like crap. I'm a gentleman, I like having someone by my side, and I hurt just like any other human being. I hate to see or hear about guys mistreating girls, I think that guys have a bad reputation right now, but I am going to prove people wrong.I like to swim, I've been discriminated against, and I will never stop swimming. I get along with all races, I don't care what color you are, if you are my friend then you have gained my trust and loyalty.I like to learn, I like to understand, and I like to read. I don't like closed-minded people, I'm pretty liberal, and religion is still a mystery to me. One of my best swimming friends died in a car accident, my mom has stage 3 ovarian cancer, but yet I still move on.I'm well-liked in the swimming community, my mom inspires me, and my parents are still together. I like to love, but I don't love often. I don't like those who are not truthful, once you lose my trust it will never fully be regained. This is me. This is how I am. I'm one of a kind. Not a stereotype you see on BET or MTV. I'm not another "nigga". I refuse to be classified in that way. If you refer to me in that way, then you lose part of my respect even though I may not show it. Don't mistake my sensitivity or understanding for weakness. Its actually one of my strengths and is why I am well-respected. You have just had a look inside my thought process.I just hope you remember me right.


**This post was from Facebook from a couple weeks back. This will be my opening post.**

No comments: